There are many factors impacting stress levels amongst employees, including worldwide factors such as economic downturns, local factors such as political uncertainty and individual factors such as longer working hours and higher cost of living.
In response to this, the importance of implementing a comprehensive health and safety policy has become a top priority for businesses.
To ensure that health and safety policies are correctly set up and implemented, the IOSH Managing Safely course offers an excellent foundation, giving HR managers and business owners the benefit of learning using a module aligned with world-class standards and strategies.
What the IOSH Managing Safely course covers
IOSH Managing Safely is a basic risk management health and safety certificate offering team leaders, managers, HR staff and business owners a practical understanding of health and safety standards, workplace requirements and more.
Specifically, the course covers:
- Health and safety responsibilities and accountabilities
- How to assess and control hazards and risks effectively
- Accident and incident investigation
- Measuring health and safety performance
Those who complete the course will:
- Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to manage health and safety within your team
- Be awarded a Managing Safely certificate from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation
Benefits of completing the IOSH Managing Safely course
There are numerous benefits, including:
- Ensuring the well-being of your co-workers and staff by giving you the tools to assess, manage and report on the risks in your workplace
- Giving you the insights and skills to identify hazards before they cause harm, reducing accidents and improving safety records and productivity
- Giving your co-workers peace of mind that they are working in a safely managed environment, where their well-being is top of mind
- Giving the market confidence that your company takes its health and safety seriously